Our client, a renowned provider of accredited learning opportunities is seeking an experienced and strategic Event Manager. The position is suited to an individual with a passion for user experience. They will have knowledge and experience in the conference and events industry and work cross-functionally to plan and deliver up to ten conferences each month within budget
The Event Manager is a senior member of the team leading on the day to day delivery of conference product with an Event Coordinator. They will influence the chances of event success at operational feedback meetings by providing input on venues to match conference themes and budgets, scheduling, audience and sponsor engagement and customer feedback. They will work with the Head of Events to deliver continuous improvements to customer experience and add value through innovation.
The candidate will also manage client relationships with suppliers (venues, catering, print) to grow the supplier portfolio and negotiate the best possible rates and DDRs.
High levels of organisation, attention to detail, exceptional customer service and time management skills are all essential requirements of this demanding role.
The ideal candidate will be able to carry out and show the relevant skills described below.
- Hold a first degree in a relevant discipline or demonstrate a successful track record in the delivery of high-profile commercial projects.
- Recognised IT qualifications or equivalent work experience.
Background and Experience:
- Event set up experience (AV and apps, software and hardware)
- Ideally, direct experience working in a conference and events office environment.
- Driven to achieve targets within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Demonstrate a successful track record of delivering targets within agreed time frames and budgets.
- CRM, computer systems, AV and software experience.
- Excellent customer service/relations including conflict resolution
- Experience providing event management in a commercial environment.
- Working knowledge of supporting commercially driven events and conferences.
- Developing floorplans, event flow and an eye how to best utilise a venue/challenging space
- Knowledge and understanding of quality issues in event delivery
- Social media marketing skills to assist in the promotion of products and services.
- Importance of CPD, training and professional development in the workforce.
Skills and Competencies:
- Be a confident communicator, and comfortable operating at all levels.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases (Microsoft Office).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organisational and time management skills – ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately, with meticulous attention to detail.
- A willingness and ability to work flexibly and also as part of a team.
- Full UK driving licence and own mode of transport (desirable)
You’ll enjoy the benefits of working within a reputable organisation that offers:
- Simply Health cover
- Free onsite car parking
- Free tea & coffee
- 24 days Annual Leave
- Monthly 121 reviews
- Ongoing coaching
- Range of CPD opportunities.