Sensational opportunity for an Associate Building Surveyor to join a well-established public and private sector team based in Leeds!!!
A leading consultancy is seeking an Associate Building Surveyor to deliver a wide variety of complex professional and higher value contract services for public and private clients. Services will be delivered across a number of sectors including Health, Industrial, Education, Commercial, Government, Leisure and Culture. The UK Building Surveying team specialise in multi-disciplinary design services on refurbishment schemes, condition and asset surveys and asset management. Preferably, you will have a significant amount of private sector experience with business development/work winning skills, and previous line manager experience.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of major schemes which would be a fantastic addition to your CV.
* Competitive salary
* Fantastic benefits package
* Amazing social team and environment
* Lead on individual Building Surveying, Project Management, and Contract Administration commissions
* Fully involved in or managing others for the production of drawings, specifications and tender documents
* Survey and Report writing for the full range of typical core professional Building Surveying services
* Construction monitoring and snagging assessments
* Client development skills to develop business with existing clients and confidence to win new work
* Prepare fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development
* Continuous improvement to standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to core clients
* Mentoring and developing Assistant Building Surveyors and other team members
* Key account client management
* Establish client briefs, appropriate fees, and cost control through to completion
* Financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects
* Conducting a portfolio of fee based activities with key multi sector client base
* You should be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree
* Have extensive experience of all aspects of surveying from design work to condition surveys, feasibilities, and contract administration
* Review, quality manage and approve the preparation of schedules of work, specifications and detailed drawings and tender packages
* Preparation of Schedules of Work and Specifications for all types of maintenance and construction projects
* Experience working and building relationships within the private and public sector
* Produce feasibility and concept reports
* Management of sub consultants and contractors
* Manage the delivery of contract administration services
* Compile and monitor project costs in line with approved budgets
* Manage asset surveys on larger survey programmes, working with various technology packages to meet client requirements
* NEC3 Supervisor experience desirable but not essential
* Have line manager responsibility for a team of building surveyors
* Have experience of work/bid winning and a willingness to participate in work winning strategies
* Manage and monitor fees, profits and invoicing
* Promote the RICS APC and support staff through their APC
* Have an open willingness to support developing surveyors and respond to their questions
* Ideally, you will be chartered
For more information on this position please call Toby Willetts on (phone number removed) today!!! Alternatively, if you know anyone who may be suited and interested in the role, please direct them to this advert!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business